And in the IT business domain, my new year's resolutions for 2006...
- Learn Python. Python is an exciting language with a large community of skilled developers.
- Make my first Python web application. I am going to use lighttpd or snakelets for that. Unfortunately, at the moment Python for the web really sucks, so I will start with a small application, something like a Python photo gallery.
- Release my first commercial application for Mac OSX, written with Cocoa. I already released Rula, it was free and but is not available anymore because I didn't have the time to maintain it correctly (too many users, with too many good requests). I have written another one (a manager for sqlite 2) but sqlite got to version 3 before I got the time to release it, so I sort of postponed the project. My next application will be really cool :) Anyway, it's already work in progress...
- Release Phreez, my Object persistence with php and pdo framework, under BSD license (as soon as I have implemented the history feature).
- Rewrite HTML_QuickForm, probably for Python and PHP5.
Along with all the daily work I have to do, my little daughter and other family occupations, these would probably be enough to keep me busy in 2006.
What are your new year's resolutions ?